Saturday, November 8, 2008

Adventure Camp

Hi, I'm Maddie, and my post is about my 5th grade Adventure Camp. The Adventure Camp we went to was in Anna, Texas. We left on Wednesday, October 22 and got back on Friday, October 24. There were 10 girls in my cabin, Elizabeth, Lexi, Sara, Carol, Jocelyn, Katelyn, Dylan, Cheyenne, Melody, and me. We also had 2 cabin moms to help keep us under control!

Here are me and my friends from my cabin in the cafeteria waiting to leave.

















On the bus.(I had Lexi take the picture)

















Here's what the cabins looked like.

















When we got to our cabin, it wasn't ready for us. So we had to wait outside.

















There was a courtyard for us to play in during our down time.

















Finally inside the cabin. Me in my bunk!
























After a quick lunch, we worked on our skit for skit night. I was the narrator.

















Then we went on a nature hike. Here's a picture of nature!

















Each cabin had their own table in the dining hall. Here's ours!

















After breakfast the next morning, we went to archery. It was so much fun, and I even hit the red circle!

















Next we went to the challenge course. They called this the grapevines.

















After lunch, we hiked out to one of the lakes to go canoeing. That was my favorite part!!

















After canoeing, we went to dinner. Then it was time to practice our skit once more before performing it at the campfire. Here we are getting ready to go!

















The skit went great! Campfire was awesome! The next day we went on a prairie hike, but by then I had run out of pictures! After the prairie hike we had lunch, then it was time to head home! Camp was flat out FUN!!

Home again!

2 comments:

Lucy said...

What a fun trip. I love Maddie's photo journal and commentary...what a cute idea!!

The Penuels said...

Such cute pictures sweet niece! It looks like you had so much fun, and I loved getting to see where you stayed :) Love you, Aunt